2015年12月17日 星期四

[ 英文句型 ] 複句-副詞子句表達時間

表達某一個瞬間發生的連接詞--[When] 何時

  • (Just)when 就在剛剛
  • before 在這之前
  • after 在這之後 = as soon as (之後緊接著...)/right after /soon after
  • while 就在那時

例句:
1.The phone rang just when I stepped into the shower. After I took the shower, I called back.

2. I was waiting for the elevator,when I saw Jeremy.

3.While/ As  I was waiting for the elevator, I saw Jeremy.

4. As soon as you step into this room, all light turn on automatically.

以上4句的時間連接詞都有那一瞬間的意思。


表達持續了一段時間的連接詞--[How long] 多久

  • when 在那段時間
  • while 在那段時間 + be V-ing 表達當時進行的動作 / V-( s /ed ) 表達當時的狀態
  • since (從那個時間點之後就持續做某事...)
  • until (做某件事..直到)

例句:
1. Michael lived with his grandparents when he was a child.

2. While Jim was in his office, we were in the kitchen talking about him.

3.While I was sleeping, my roommate was reading.

4. The phone kept ringing since I got home.

以上四句的時間連接詞都有主詞動作維持了一段時間的意思。


表達做某事頻率的連接詞--[How often] 多常
  • when...always 每當
  • whenever 每當
  • Anytime 每次都會

例句:
1. When I have free time, I always spend it  reading.

2. Whenever I have free time, I spend it  reading.




沒有留言:

張貼留言